Friday, May 23, 2008

Fenway No No


This past Monday, one of my dreams of attending Fenway Park in Boston was realized as we hit a game after the HOW Conference let out for the day. I dragged my two reluctant fellow designers from BYU along. They wanted the Royals to win. They complained about the tinyness of the seats and other things. I enjoyed being at the park and witnessing the nostalgia. After the sixth inning, I noticed that Lester had a no-hitter going. Holy Fetch, cool, but too early to get excited, could easily be broken up. And I didn't want to jinx it. Lester then retired the Royals in the seventh, and the crowd started to buzz. I decided to text everyone that would be interested that Lester had a no-no through 7.

By now, the crowd was standing and chanting "Let's Go Lester!" It was amazing. He proceeded to make history and completed the no-hitter and the crowd erupted. I was so excited and couldn't believe that I made it to this history, as only 232 no-hitters have been thrown in the history of pro baseball. Amazing. A good thing to happen to this pitcher, Jon Lester. Oh, and my bum friends thanked me for dragging them along.

1 Comments:

Blogger S.T. Lewis said...

I believe I already told you my thoughts on this several times, but since your blog is basically just a message board that's aimed at me... better say something again.

Very cool that you got to see a good game. It's just cool to go to a game at Fenway, but in a season that includes about 470 home games, you lucked into the right one. Cool.

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home