Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Richian Proverbs and Insight

Okay, I was just thinking of adding some of my philosophies of design, thoughts if you will, to others in the blogosphere. I like making up my own words (lived in Texas for a bit).

Talent and Hard Work

The real issue is not talent as an independent element, but talent in relationship to will, desire, and persistence. Talent without these elements goes dormant. Even modest talent with hard work and these characteristics will grow.

Richian Proverb #1

Computers are to design as microwaves are to cooking.

1 Comments:

Blogger S.T. Lewis said...

I like the proverbs. I had modest talent, and now I have a job, so apparently that one's right. As for the computers being like microwaves thing... I like when people say, "Animation's easy now... it's all done on computers." True... you just speak into the microphone, giving a rough outline of your story, and in a year or so... animated movie! Hooray!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home