Thursday, October 18, 2007

Recent Work


Here at BYU, I have the great opportunity (and budget) to work with some of the best illustrators in the world. This is a spread for the magazine I art direct, BYU McKay Today, and it is about Karl Maeser, one of the primary founders of BYU. In this historical article, I tried to create a sense of timelessness and nostalgia. I commission Mark Summers to do this exquisite scratchboard art for Maeser. I purchased several old style typefaces to create this feature spread. I am pleased with it.

1 Comments:

Blogger S.T. Lewis said...

I like how you have one comment on everything, and they're all from me. Your blog is where you go to show stuff to Shane. This looks great... I'll watch for in the magazine when it comes around. Very cool, man.

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home